Sign the Petition
Sign Now in support of Kratom as a safe and effective dietary supplement.
The Botanical Education Alliance (BEA) is an organization dedicated to educating consumers, lawmakers, law enforcement, and the media about safe and therapeutic natural supplements including Mitragyna speciosa, also known as Kratom.
Our mission is to increase understanding in order to influence public policy and protect natural supplements. Our vision is to create a society where every adult has the right to access safe and effective natural supplements.
The BEA pursues this mission by engaging the Kratom community and informing decision-makers about government overreach and the criminalization of natural supplements, many of which have been used safely for centuries.
Once access to safe and medicinal natural supplements is ensured, we will work to establish the proper policies to protect consumers from mislabeled, confusing and adulterated products.
Governed by a Board of Directors, the Botanical Education Alliance is an independent institution.
Kratom's Current Legal Status
Current State Action
- BioMed Research International
- Following “the Roots” of Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa)
- Kenneth Artz
- War Against Kratom Heats Up
- Paul Kemp
- Why the FDA Is Suppressing Kratom
- Jeffery Miron
- Is Addiction a Problem? The Case of Kratom
- Maia Szalavitz
- Why Banning the Controversial Painkiller Kratom Could Be Bad News for America's Heroin Addicts
- Experiences of Kratom Users: A Qualitative Analysis